Tuesday, May 25, 2010


SOLDIERS OF STYLE

I am obsessed with American Indians and this picture was a big inspiration for my first collection. I just love how they express their loves, life and beliefs and take it to the nth degree - they wear it all and are true to what they love - so cool! And I totally dig the colours, textures, attention to detail and artistry in which it is created and expressed - a true style statement! And a visual display of bravery, being true to oneself and being a fighter! Rock on!



This is what has totally got me hooked right now...army/military/anything with a uniform/badge/medal!! Yes the colours ROCK and I love the embellishment but again I think it's the fighter/bravery vibe..it's very Love Chile. I want women to feel strong and brave. Wear their badges of honour with pride! I discovered the most insane vintage army shirts from the 60's/70's yesterday which I will be embellishing and adding to my new collection. They are killer! Some even have the name tags still on - I love that you can sense their story and their journey. Plus they will look super cool with all my shoulder pads, feather and chain pieces.
Can't wait to show you!

Achtung Baby! xx

3 comments: