Monday, May 10, 2010


Original Sin


While digesting my RAFW experience and working through a mild case of CFF -
'Chronic Fashion Fatigue' - (mostly due to stupid shoes), I reflected on the shows, the stand outs and the leave outs! It was great to be a part of it and play in fashion land all week but not alot of shows really blew me away and I really resonated and agreed with an article written by Vogue Editor Kirstie Clements in yesterdays Sunday Telegraph, Kirstie said.


'A good show is more than just fashion - it's the casting of the models, the music, the styling, hair, make up, the pace, the build. It's a piece of theatre, that, when married with design ability, is just magical! It's when you remember why you were so enamoured with fashion in the first place'

So true!! Fashion should be a story, deep, layered, textured...have some guts -Camilla, Alex Perry, Ellery, Romance was born and new comer Elliot Ward Fear were my favourite story tellers this year. They danced to their own beat and we all should too. If you ask me it's a SIN not to, a 'SIN on originality' not be true to who you are and what you want to express to the world. Be like Bianca Jagger in the pic above and stand out from the crowd kids.

I love this quote

'Never compete
Never compare
Run your own race and soon others will be
Chasing you'

Mmmmmm Hmmmmmm! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment