Thursday, May 20, 2010

INSPIRE ME

I have been working hard on my new collection over the last few weeks, sewing, gluing, playing with chains, rhinestones, tassles and velvet and I'm almost done. It got me thinking alot about inspiration and why we love what we love. It's such a personal thing and from my point of view it's really cool to see what's in my head and my heart, the things that are resonating with me right now come to life in my new collection. I am still deciding on a name for the collection
(I'm thinking 'Shamansim' - a shaman is someone who follows their own path and listens to their heart and intuition, ultimately healing others)..do you like it?
That's ultimately what inspires me, people who are unique, that rock out to their own beat and are not dictated to by trends/fads..don't get me wrong I LOVE fashion, but I like it my way and like to make it work for me. I'm big on mood boards, they are a great way to express what's intrinsic to you. The process of making them is SO therapeutic to me - it really stirs me up and inspires me. I always do them for my designing but I've started making them as gifts or canvas's for the home&for friends...the picture above is one I made for my dear friend Arrnott - I picked all the things he loved and put it on canvas. I loved it so much I wanted to keep it! Being a fellow visual creature - Arrnott kept the bow - that really inspired him! The bright yellow contrast against the black and white really spoke to him
What speaks to you? Follow it and have fun with it!
Be inspired

xx

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment