Monday, March 15, 2010

KARL IS COOL AS ICE

Ok so I seriously almost needed an ambulance after I saw this show on my favourite website wwww.style.com!! It was the most heartbreakingly original, cool (pardon the pun) and wonderful style story I have ever seen!!! The latest RTW Chanel show in Paris was an exquisite example of story telling and making dreams come true. Karl Lagerfeld actually dreamt about this show and without one thought of doubt or disbelief he bought it to life. He even had small icebergs bought in from the arctic circle - not even kidding!!! The models walked through water and the looks were so creative and original whilst still staying true to the Chanel aesthetic. There was the classic tweed teamed with faux fur, jewels that dripped off the models like icicles and even the signature Chanel bags were made to look like little ice cubes, so cool! (sorry!) - I also loved how you could see shades of Karl throughout the show - models wore rings on every finger some even dressed in a take on his signature white shirt, black tie and tux iconic combo. It was unashamedly from him.

I could seriously talk about this show all day - it's just the great story telling, originality and attention to detail that really blows me away - King Karl certainly knows how to tell a good story and that to me is what fashion should be about! Be original, have something to say and everyone will want to listen!

But for now, I still need that ambulance...hello 911 Im having a fashion heart attack!!

xx



No comments:

Post a Comment